CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Well, Thanksgiving has now passed and Christmas is right around the corner. I guess everyone has begun their Christmas shopping. I guess we will pretty much do all of our shopping once we get to the States. With the krona at 6.2 to the dollar everything will be pretty cheap when we come over. We will get more for our money!

We had a very low key Thanksgiving dinner. Last year we celebrated with Erik's family and our friends that moved to Göteborg. This year Erik's parents and sister were in Spain and of course our friends were in Göteborg. So it was just the four of us, and I found an article on the internet that gave instructions and recipes for a Thanksgiving dinner in an hour. It was actually very tasty, but the recipe only called for turkey breasts. Alex and I had been reading a Thanksgiving book and it talked about turkey drumsticks so he felt that he needed one for Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily a local grocery here sells smoked turkey legs so I bought one for him and for Erik. He thought it was wonderful! As you can see in the picture it is as big as he is! We had a fun and laid back dinner.


On Sat., Nov. 24, it was my 31st birthday. Wow, how life is flying by! It was a great day for me. Erik and the children brought me breakfast in bed. I opened my gifts from my parents (one was for a full body massage when I go over to the States in Dec.!), Helena and Jonas gave me a gift certificate to Efva Attling jewelry store, and Erik and the children gave me money to take to Stockholm with me. We went to Stockholm, shopped a little, looked at the Christmas deco, and ate a late lunch at TGI Fridays. I had a great time!

No comments: